16 February, 2009

YOU GOT EYES WHERE?! (I made a hat)

I made this hat for my cousin, L. She obviously shares my offbeatness! (is that a word?)
We were discussing hat styles for her impending hairloss when she said something that tickled funny crochet bone. She stated that she might as well have fun with the situation; and that she fancied having a hat with eyes on the back. The visual idea just fascinated me... this was one project that I couldn't wait to start!

Here is an aspect of working freeform: my original idea was to make realistic eyes... but somehow they kinda went all "monstery" on me. (why do i keep using words that don't exist? lol)

I hope this is close to what she was looking for.

I guess I will know soon... it goes in the mail tomorrow!


edited to add: i am linking this to FIBER ARTS FRIDAY on Alpaca Farm Girl's Blog.

Please visit and see what cool stuff the other participants have done!

Click the blue link above to go the site!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

J, your hat is just awesome!!! What a great way to make light of a very stressful situation. Good thoughts and wishes to your cousin. She will love it!

Chrissy said...

Genius! It will have people double-taking whenever she wears it out. You are bound to get requests for more of these hats, so I would supply your cousin with cards to hand out.

Brandy said...

That's hilarious! Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Great creation! Perfect for making a statement without saying a word!

Anonymous said...

i want a hat like that! very awesome!

maryeb said...

I think you did a great job! I'm so impressed. This hat looks sooo cool.
Let us know what she thinks.

Anonymous said...

looks good how did you make it

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this hat!

BTW we have a knit group that meets every Monday night in Simpsonville.

PM me in Ravelry if you'd like more info.

I just added you as my friend there.

TexasRed said...

Fantastic! Looks like something straight out of Dr. Who! Should definitely make her smile!

Carolyn B said...

Excellent idea! Muggers will think twice before attacking (And it will probably protect against tigers as well!;o)

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

That is so clever! Thanks for participating in Fiber Arts Friday!