02 March, 2009

Work In Progress: Day of the Dead Wallhanging #2


Here are the latest pics of the wallhanging that I am working on. It is inspired by the Mexican holiday, Day of the Dead. The piece is done in all acrylic yarns; and is mostly freeform crochet, but incorporates loom knitting and weaving. I plan on embellishing with beads and buttons.


Here is my nephew, M, holding up the piece for display. Isn't he a cutie?


Below is a pic of some new fabric that I ordered... I am hoping to make my first set of curtains out of them... to go with the wallhanging. Isn't it awesome?


and here is a pic of my niece, T, with Jubal. She stated that she and Jubal were twins and then posed with him. errrr... don't tell her, but I don't think that they look anything alike! LOL

I think she just wanted her picture made!

No comments: