I have a cousin who will be undergoing very aggressive treatment for breast cancer soon. She has been told that she will lose her hair... so I wanted to make her a funky hat to wear. I was flipping through my collection of crochet magazines and found this pattern. I opted not to sew on the embellishments ...but I have some cool gold-tone plastic vintage buttons that I believe would work if she wants them.
I liked the pattern because it was written without abbreviations. I didn't have as much trouble following it as I thought I would... woo hoo.
I did change the last three rounds from the original... before fastening off, I tried it on... way too tight for me. Maybe I have a massive head or maybe i messed it up...but I changed the last 3 rows into hdc stitches in each stitch.
I tried it on and it fit... and then I made Mr. Foam Head model it for the blog.
I hope my cousin likes this... I know she likes purples and greens... I saw this wool ( @ Ewe Knit in Carrollton, GA) and thought of her.
Also I think that I will make a few more of these hats!