27 October, 2010

FO: Domo-Kun Hat 1.0 / Crochet

















These pics are courtesy of my pal, Camille! They are from her recent trip to Colorado!
I made this Domo-Kun hat for her, as a going away gift when I moved from Greenville to Pennsylvania. She was the my first Twitter-to-IRL friend; when i found out we were going to be moving, I thought back to out first meeting... she was carrying a Domo-Kun key chain... and voila! I decided i should attempt a character hat for her.

This one was made with Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn"... this is probably my favorite acrylic... i chose acrylic for ease of care. I think it turned out well... although a little bulky... which may make it warmer for winter use --- but having worked on some other hats & trying new ideas, i have some thoughts on reducing bulk.

So who knows?
There may be a Domo-Kun Hat 2.0 to show you soon :-)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments: