04 January, 2008
Just wanted to post some pics of a wallhanging that I was working on before the holidays.
This piece is about 10 inches across and about 33 inches long.
I made a rod pocket and used a piece of red bamboo to hang it from.
This was a "stash buster"; and is made from commercially available wools and acrylics and novelty yarn mixes.
As you can see, I have used my favorite motif, the Hand Print and 3 ( "It's a magic number..." sing along with me! ) triangle motifs.
I added a little ruffle below the hand and above the triangle... for a layered effect.
The stitches mostly used were single, double and treble... with a few popcorn stitches and other assorted stitches thrown in here and there for interest.
As usual, I tried to put in lots of color.